Getting Started

Due to the high volume of questions being asked, we have temporarily suspended new questions from being posted. Please browse the existing questions as you will most likely find your answer. Once we have answered the current topics we will allow new questions again.

LissaUnderwood
Iron Supplements for my 14 year old daughter

Hi, I have a 14 year daughter who's iron level should be up around 150 and is at 100. Her doctor says that if it gets down around 80 she will end up on hospital. I purchased your Liquid Iron Supplement. What I want to know is how much should she be taking a day measured in millilitres (ml).

Her doctor says to have her take 300 mg per day but this I believe is pharmaceutical iron capsules or pills where the absorbtion is certainly not going to be the same as your liquid iron.

Can you please help me by telling me how much of your supplement she should be takingto absorb what is sufficient for her to get her iron level up. Thank you.

Lissa

Save Changes
Posted 1/4/2013 7:34:41 AM
[deleted user]

Hello,

Your daughter should take 3 tsp a day. For every 100 mg of pharmaceutical iron, we recommend 10 mg of Ironsmart.

Are your daughters periods heavy?

Save Changes
Posted 1/4/2013 2:57:23 PM

Creating links

There are two ways of creating links:
  • [Example](http://www.example.com) produces a link like this: Example
  • The fully qualified address, like http://www.example.com, will automatically be converted to a link.

Formatting Text

• You can make your text italic by surrounding it with * characters, *like this.*
  • Bold formatting is produced by surrounding your text with two stars, **like so**.
  • You can even ***use both at the same time***.

Lists

• You can make a bulleted list using stars, like this:

* First Item
    * Second Item
    * Third Item

• If you want a numbered list, just write it out like this:
    1. First Item
    2. Second Item
    3. Third Item

Headings

You can produce headers for your posts using the '#' symbol.
  • '#Main Heading Example' produces a top level heading.
  • '##Sub Heading Example' produces a sub level heading.
  • '###Small Heading Example' produces a small heading.