Getting Started

Due to the high volume of questions being asked, we have temporarily suspended new questions from being posted. Please browse the existing questions as you will most likely find your answer. Once we have answered the current topics we will allow new questions again.

jones3579
Adominal Distension

Hi Lorna, I am a thin woman, mid thirties. Despite being thin I have an unexplainable distended belly. I look pregnant. In addition, I have dark underarms and groin area, whiskers and excess facial hair, digestive problems, my face looks bloated as well as my calves. Despite changing my eating habits and physical activity, I can't lose the swelling in these discrete sections of my body. I know my testosterone levels were high but did not want to take the medication prescribed. I find it hard to wake up, usually need a nap midday, and am most energetic in the evenings/nights. I look tired all the time and feel an overall sense of malaise that is hard to articulate. I basically feel unhealthy. Any thoughts on what this is and a treatment plan?

Save Changes
Posted 9/17/2012 9:59:35 PM
jones3579

Hi there, any response for me?

Save Changes
Posted 10/14/2012 5:29:38 PM
[deleted user]

Hi,

Have you been to the doctor about this?

Excess testosterone, increased belly fat, and male hair growth in women are often a result of PCOS.

However some of the symptoms you list sound similar to cushing's disease. It would be nice to rule that out. I have attached a few links that go over the symptoms of both PCOS and Cushings.

Glucosmart is a good product for helping to balance testosterone levels. Testosterone levels in women can rise if insulin levels become too high. Glucosmart will help to balance blood sugar level. On top of Glucosmart, Estrosmart is a good idea as it helps to deal with with some of the other symptoms of PCOS.

Make sure your dies is low in sugar. Avoid alcohol and caffeine. Try to cut out refined carbohydrates and increase whole grains, and include protein when you are eating carbs. Increase vegetables and fruits.

PCOS Diagnonosis

PCOS vs. Cushing's

Symptoms of Cushing's

PCOS

Glucosmart

Estrosmart

Save Changes
Posted 10/15/2012 8:59:24 AM. Last edited 10/16/2012 7:16:29 AM
jones3579

Thank you, that is very informative, and helps direct my further research on my symptoms. I have been to doctors. They all say nothing is wrong enough to treat.

Save Changes
Posted 10/22/2012 10:05:38 AM

Creating links

There are two ways of creating links:
  • [Example](http://www.example.com) produces a link like this: Example
  • The fully qualified address, like http://www.example.com, will automatically be converted to a link.

Formatting Text

• You can make your text italic by surrounding it with * characters, *like this.*
  • Bold formatting is produced by surrounding your text with two stars, **like so**.
  • You can even ***use both at the same time***.

Lists

• You can make a bulleted list using stars, like this:

* First Item
    * Second Item
    * Third Item

• If you want a numbered list, just write it out like this:
    1. First Item
    2. Second Item
    3. Third Item

Headings

You can produce headers for your posts using the '#' symbol.
  • '#Main Heading Example' produces a top level heading.
  • '##Sub Heading Example' produces a sub level heading.
  • '###Small Heading Example' produces a small heading.